About The Sing Along Waiters: Our Story
Are you ready for a performance like no other? The Sing Along Waiters® are the epitome of excellence in the entertainment industry and the ultimate entertainment choice for your event.
With over 25 years of experience wowing audiences at weddings, corporate engagements, and events all over the world. They are the perfect choice for your special event who will surprise your audience with laughter, superb harmonies, and a wealth of amazing music to grace any occasion.
Maurice and Darren, the duo behind the act, have been friends since school and have been working together as a professional full-time duo since the 1990s, bringing an unrivalled level of chemistry and energy to their performances.
With numerous wedding awards under their belts and a reputation as one of the best double acts in the country, The Sing Along Waiters® will leave your guests talking about your event for years to come.
The intuitive reading and control of their audience has been honed through decades of experience, The Sing Along Waiters® are more than just entertainers, they are masters of their craft. Their fun and infectious personalities will get your guests up and celebrating in no time but this is only the tip of the iceberg.
Behind the scenes, they take their performance incredibly seriously, with a deep understanding of the importance of each event they are a part of. They consider themselves to be incredibly lucky to be able to share in their client’s special moments and give each event the professionalism it deserves.
The Sing Along Waiters. The Magic is in the Memories.
When you book The Sing Along Waiters® for your special event, you can be sure that you will be getting a polished and expert performance, delivered with the perfect blend of fun and professionalism.
Prior to your event, The Sing Along Waiters® will liaise closely with you and your event co-ordinator to ensure a smooth run up, making sure all of the fine details are in place and on the day of performance, they will work with the room manager to make sure they integrate seamlessly with the venue staff. They will assist with the service, the pouring of drinks and other waiter roles, so your guests will really not see the surprise coming!
And remember, they can perform at any type of event, you don’t even need to be having a formal meal, all they require is a captive audience!
The years of experience they have amassed makes it much easier for them to be able to react to any situation perfectly and they are experts in thinking on their feet when needed! The show can be tailored for your event and with a truly memorable introduction and a show stopping finale, you and your guests will be talking about their performance for weeks and even years after!
In addition to all of this, the equipment they use is of the highest quality and they can provide background music and microphone use for speeches on request, meaning your event will be tailored to meet your needs.
From start to finish both onstage and off, Maurice and Darren set themselves extremely high standards, with an unrivalled attention to detail, knowledge and understanding to create an extraordinary experience for you and your guests. They are experts in celebration and event professionals.
Don’t settle for anything less than the best. Put your trust in The Sing Along Waiters® and create one-of-a-kind moments with the ultimate in surprise singing waiters entertainment.
Book The Sing Along Waiters today and get ready for an unforgettable Experience!
The Magic is in the Memories.
What is The Sing Along Waiters® Show?
The Sing Along Waiters® are essentially a surprise singing show, we hide in plain sight and blend in with the serving staff at a venue in order to create an element of believability. Maurice & Darren have years of experience playing their roles and when the time comes, will unexpectedly start the show and the fun will be begin
Do we need to tell our venue and wedding coordinator about having The Sing Along Waiters®?
Yes, it's important to inform your wedding coordinator and venue about your plans to have us perform for you. We need to be aware of any limitations or restrictions that may affect the performance so we can make the necessary adjustments to ensure a smooth and successful event. By providing us with this information in advance we can work together to make sure everything goes to plan
Do you speak to our venue and coordinator?
Yes absolutely, as well as contacting you prior to the date, we also call the venue to discuss logistics with your wedding coordinator, this is also when we sort out fine details with regards to uniform and pass on any information that they may require from us, such as PAT & PLI documents.
When does the show start?
The Sing Along Waiters® performance is designed to captivate and surprise your guests, so the ideal time for us to start is when everyone is seated and ready to be entertained. Typically, this would be as the last plate of dessert is served, or the equivalent. This way, we can ensure that your guests are fully engaged and ready to be wowed by our performance.
When should we do our speeches?
You will need to decide when you would like your speeches to take place but will work closely with you to determine the best time for them to happen, taking into account the flow of the event and ensuring that they complement our performance. We can discuss this in more detail when we speak on the phone, so we can make sure that your event runs smoothly and is the most memorable experience for you and your guests.
How does the show start?
At The Sing Along Waiters®, we understand the importance of making your event a positive and memorable experience. That's why we keep things simple, we begin by raising a toast to the happy couple, "on behalf of all the staff who have served you today", and then proceed to entertain your guests with our signature singing waiters show.
We pride ourselves on professionalism and always aim to deliver a polished performance. You can be assured that our act is free of any falling over, arguments, or amateur dramatics, and that we will only bring joy and laughter to your special day.
How long does the show last?
We know that every event is unique and that's why we offer flexible performance times to fit seamlessly into your special day. Whether it's a wedding or corporate event, we know that there are many things happening simultaneously and we are happy to adapt to fit your specific needs.
We want to make sure that our performance is a highlight of your event, that's why we often say "performance time of up to one hour", but really, we don't want to put a specific timing or limit on things. The show truly comes to life with audience interaction, which is hard to put a time on. Essentially, we are there for your event and will perform as long as we are needed to make sure that your guests are fully entertained and engaged. An average length of show is 30 to 60 mins.
Do we choose the songs you sing?
No, not specifically, at The Sing Along Waiters® our aim is to ensure you have the best possible experience, delivering a polished and professional performance that is tailored to your event. While we understand that you may have certain songs in mind that you would like to hear, we also want to ensure that our show is a surprise and an exciting experience for you and your guests.
That's why we do not allow clients to pick all of our songs, every element is carefully planned and executed to achieve a specific response. From the timing of our performance, to the songs we perform, we have a specific purpose in mind. We never sing songs just to fill time, every song is chosen and performed to create a specific reaction and engagement with your guests
We always welcome input on what you would like to hear and what you would like to avoid. We will always make sure to incorporate your thoughts and preferences into our final set, to ensure that the show perfectly aligns with your expectations.
Trust us to create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
What type of songs do The Sing Along Waiters® sing?
At The Sing Along Waiters®, we understand the importance of audience engagement, that's why we choose songs that your guests will know and love. Our performance is designed to get your guests to participate and sing along, which is why we don't sing songs that are for our own benefit or that are too obscure or unusual. We aim to create a connection with the audience, and make the show an interactive and memorable experience for everyone. Audience participation plays a big role in the show so we aim to keep them happy!
When it comes to booking entertainment for your event there are always options. But, choosing the right entertainment is crucial to ensuring that your celebration is a memorable one. The internet is full of companies offering singing waiters, but how do you know which one is the perfect fit for your event? With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to decide.
That's why it's important to consider the following factors when making your decision:
- At The Sing Along Waiters®, we are not a trend-chasing company, our focus is on providing exceptional entertainment that is tailored to your event.
- The Sing Along Waiters® are professional and experienced performers, with a proven track record of providing exceptional entertainment for Weddings, Corporate Events and Parties.
- The Sing Along Waiters® are experienced performers who have a deep understanding of how to engage and entertain an audience.We believe in a professional and polished performance, and avoid anything that could be construed as a negative - like having a fake argument, falling over or causing commotion which will alienate the audience and venue staff.
- There are some companies who charge a fortune for their service and send along ‘any available performer’ paying them a pittance and taking the lions share for themselves!
- We have seen that some companies will regularly advertise for literally anyone to cover their ‘singing waiter booking this weekend – no experience necessary!’ because they took the money without having confirmed availability of performers.
- We are aware that there are some companies have a lack of structure in their performances, allowing their performers to wing it and start singing without proper planning or coordination.
- Some companies prioritise client's preferences over performer's capabilities, resulting in last-minute set lists, forcing performers to sing songs they haven't rehearsed or are familiar with.
- We respect the event schedule and work with the client to find the best time for our performance. We know some companies will insist on performing at a specific time (after main course) that way they only do a quick 15 - 20 minutes so they can leave quickly to do another booking.
- We believe that the event is about the client and their guests, and we strive to make the performance an unforgettable experience for them. There are lots of wedding performers who think that the day is about them, having diva tantrums or acting like prima donnas, expecting everything to revolve around them.
- We are transparent in our pricing and do not add hidden charges for PA hire, accommodation, or travel expenses. Not every company thinks or acts this way.
- We understand the importance of marketing, but we also respect our clients' privacy and do not engage in aggressive or stalker-like behaviour.
- There are companies who market their performers as ‘all West End trained’ which is wonderful, but what has that got to do with your wedding or event? Can they entertain and control the audience to create amazing memories or will they just stand there and sing?
With so many options available. It can be difficult to navigate and decide which company to trust for your celebration. We want to be transparent about the industry and provide insight into common issues that our clients have encountered with other companies. Our goal is not to bash our competitors, but to assure you that when you choose The Sing Along Waiters® for your event, you can expect a seamless and professional experience.
At The Sing Along Waiters® we strive for excellence in every aspect of our business. From the moment you reach out to us our goal is for you to experience a seamless and convenient booking process, unparalleled communication and attention to detail. We are dedicated to ensuring that every aspect of your event is executed to the highest standards, from the initial marketing and booking, to the performance on the day of the occasion. We have a clear vision for our business and it's all about making your day unforgettable and help you create memories that will last a lifetime.
How much will it cost?
This depends on which show and package you choose, the essence of what you are trying to achieve is to celebrate and create lasting memories, to have an experience you and your guests will never forget and we are well aware that you have many options when choosing a surprise show for your big day. We understand that you want to be sure that you have made the right choice and can trust every supplier you hire.
The cost of our services varies based on factors such as the location of your event, the date, and the package you choose. However, one thing remains constant - our commitment to creating a truly unforgettable celebration for you and your guests. We understand that choosing entertainment for your special day can seem confusing and that's why we strive to be transparent and upfront about our pricing. Rest assured that when you choose The Sing Along Waiters®, you are investing in a company dedicated to bringing your vision to life and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
When considering our services, it's important to keep in mind the value of what you'll be receiving for your investment.
- Exclusive performance by Maurice & Darren – The Sing Along Waiters®
- Affordable pricing options
- Expert guidance and support throughout the booking process
- A variety of packages to fit any event and budget
- Award-winning, high-quality performances
- Efficient and professional administration and customer service
- Recognised and highly regarded in the industry
- Providing secure payment options & payment plans
Rest assured, we are dedicated professionals and this is our full-time commitment. Darren & Maurice do not perform in any other capacity and are constantly working to improve our show, our methods, and our service to ensure we exceed your expectations and maintain the extremely high standards we set for ourselves.
Get ready to laugh, sing and dance as we create memories that will last a lifetime.
Contact us today!
Contact us today for your personalised quote and together we will help make your event one that you and your guests will never forget!